Expectation of Privacy:
Only faculty, staff, and students or on-campus patrons are permitted to use the library’s databases. To log in off-campus, patrons may need to enter their barcode number which is 003996+CID.
All patrons of the library may use the computers and be allowed the 25 free prints per day. All users must abide by the College’s guidelines found in the “Usage of Computer Facilities” section of the York Technical College Catalog and Handbook.
Groups of two or more may use the group study rooms for two hour blocks at a time. If no other group has requested the following two hours, the group may extend their usage for another two hours.
Students will not be billed for overly extended use of a reserved room. Students may be asked to leave if their presence encroaches upon a following reservation. A $10.00 fee will be assessed for rooms that are left messy and sent to the business office.
Food and Cell Phones:
The library allows the consumption of food in the library, provided the area is restored to an orderly state afterwards. The use of cell phones is permitted as well. The library is a collaborative space, and is therefore not considered a fully quiet space. However, noise levels should be kept at a respectful level. Students whose noise level is considered disruptive may be asked to quiet down.
Conduct must align with the principles outlined in the “Student Conduct” section of the York Technical College Catalog and Handbook. Failure to comply may result in the notification of Public Safety.
Students may check out library materials from the circulation desk with a York Tech student ID card. If you do not have your Tech ID with you, you must know your student ID number in order for us to locate you in the system. It is always best to have your ID card with you.
To check out library materials, FREE OF CHARGE, you need:
- Your student ID (students only)
- Or your student ID number (the physical ID is preferred and is less hassle)
- Your college ID (staff and faculty)
- Library card (community patrons)
- All items except course reserves may be checked out for 2 weeks. 5 item maximum.
- Course Reserves: Some instructors have items on Reserve at the Circulation Desk they want you to read in addition to your textbooks. Each instructor determines the loan periods for their Reserve items. Some Reserve titles can be checked out and some can only be used in the Library. Ask for Reserve titles at the Circulation Desk.
- ILL Materials: Inter Library Loan materials made available through PASCAL, the Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries. Due dates set by lending library.
- Room Reservations: Students may reserve study rooms for two-hour blocks, but an extension may be requested. Students may be asked to leave if their presence encroaches upon a following reservation. A $10.00 fee will be assessed for rooms that are left messy and sent to the business office.
- Special Collection of Children’s Books: The Library has a children's book collection for all age levels. This collection has special checkout guidelines and specifically addresses the needs of faculty and students in the Early Childhood Education Program.
- The library does not charge fines, but in the event that an item is not returned, a charge for the full replacement fee of the item will be assessed.
Renewals and online renewal procedure
All items may be renewed in person, via phone, or via email. Renewals of Interlibrary Loan books are determined by the lender.