Do we have fines?
Ann Springs Close Library will no longer be collecting fines for the past-due use of library materials, as well as for overly extended use of the public computers and reserved rooms.
The incentive for the return of library materials will be the avoidance of replacement fees. The replacement fees for library materials will be the full Books In Print price of the item. Students will be given the option to replace the item personally via an alternative, less expensive source. Used copies in good condition will be accepted. Overdue notices will continue to be run. The schedule for notices can be found on the website in our Library Guide for the circulation of materials.
Your checkout priviledges will be blocked if you have any library item that is 30 days overdue. This will prevent you from checking out anything else from the Library, registering for classes, receiving your grades, transcripts, etc. To have your block released, return your overdue item(s) and inform the library staff when you do so. If you have lost the library item(s) that are overdue, please ask any library staff member for instructions.
Students may check out library materials from the circulation desk with a York Tech student ID card. If you do not have your Tech ID with you, you must know your student ID number in order for us to locate you in the system. It is always best to have your ID card with you.
To check out library materials, FREE OF CHARGE, you need:
- Your student ID (students only)
- Or your student ID number (the physical ID is preferred and is less hassle)
- Your college ID (staff and faculty)
- Library card (community patrons)
- Books and Audiobooks: two weeks
- DVD’s: three days
- Course Reserves: Some instructors have items on Reserve at the Circulation Desk they want you to read in addition to your textbooks. Each instructor determines the loan periods for their Reserve items. Some Reserve titles can be checked out and some can only be used in the Library. Ask for Reserve titles at the Circulation Desk.
- ILL Materials: Inter Library Loan materials made available through PASCAL, the Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries. Due dates set by lending library.
- Computers: Students may use computers for up to four hours, but extensions may be requested. NetTutor software will be used to enforce campus computer use rules as well as loan time.
- Room Reservations: Students may reserve study rooms for two-hour blocks, but an extension may be requested. Students may be asked to leave if their presence encroaches upon a following reservation. A $10.00 fee will be assessed for rooms that are left messy and sent to the business office.
- Special Collection of Children’s Books: The Library has a children's book collection for all age levels. This collection has special checkout guidelines and specifically addresses the needs of faculty and students in the Early Childhood Education Program.
- Developmental Studies: Materials in this collection of fiction focus on the needs of entering students who need to improve their reading skills. Located in the PZ section of the Library there are books ranging from Harry Potter to Carl Hiaasen’s Chomp.
Renewals and online renewal procedure
All items may be renewed. Renewals of Interlibrary Loan books are determined by the lender.